We understand that reading policy agreement is a boring and time-consuming exercise and for your piece of mind we outline our key privacy principles below,
- We don’t ask you for your personal data unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal data with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal data on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
Last updated: July 9, 2020
Contact details of the data controller:
- Prynne LLC
- Address: 801 Minnesota Street, San Francisco, CA, USA
- Internet: www.prynne.shop
- Email: email@example.com
Collection of Personal Data: We collect Users' personal data through different means, which are explained below:
Most of the personal data we process is collected directly from the Users. Prynne may collect following personal data in the process of providing the Service:
* Basic information such as name, postal address, email address and phone number
* Details about Seller’s tax information (name, address, phone number, ID and EIN) should such information be considered to be personal data
* Authentication information such as Prynne.shop username and password, and if any third party service (e.g. Shopify, Facebook) is used to sign in, the user ID of that service
* Information relating to the Buyer and Seller relationship such as bought services, their start and end times and information on their use
* Billing information
Following data is processed by Prynne's payments processor (e.g. Paypal and Stripe, subject to change): Payment data, such as credit card number and expiration date. Prynne automatically collects and processes the following technical data about the User: IP address, Geographical location data based on the IP address, Service access times, Statistics on page views, Any other automatically collected technical data. Furthermore, Prynne may also collect other anonymized statistics about the way the User uses the Services provided by Prynne.
Legal basis and purpose of processing personal data
Prynne processes personal data for three main purposes:
The primary purpose of collecting personal data is to provide the website Prynne.shop and Services, to issue accurate charges for the use of the Services and to manage the buyer and seller relationship. The processing of personal data in this case is based on the agreement between the Seller and Prynne. This concerns, for example, the data collected during the signing up for the Service, during the use of the Service and the technical data needed to run the Service in a secure manner and communications with Users.
(2) Marketing and other communications
Prynne may occasionally send its Buyers (and End-Users when the relevant personal data has been collected by Prynne itself) email to inform about new features, solicit feedback, or provide information on what is going on with Prynne and its products. We base this on our legitimate interest to provide Users with relevant information as part of the Services and to promote our Services.
(3) Service development and research
We always work to make our Services better. Therefore, we may use the User's data to improve the Services. We base this processing on our legitimate interest to grow and develop. Prynne may also collect technical data for statistical purposes to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics, such as about the most popular marketplaces. Prynne may display information publicly to others in an aggregate format that does not reveal statistics of any single seller. Prynne does not disclose personal data other than as described below.
Disclosures of Personal Data
We may disclose personal data to third parties in the following cases:
* Prynne may use subcontractors when providing its Services. Our trusted subcontractors work on our behalf, and do not have an independent right to use the personal data we disclose to them. Prynne discloses personal data to its subcontractors on a need to know basis when necessary to process such data on Prynne’s behalf in order to provide Services. Subcontractors are subject to appropriate security and confidentiality requirements.
* When required by law such as to comply with requests by competent authorities or in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request.
* When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, investigate fraud or to protect our Users’ safety or rights.
Transfer of personal data outside of USA
When necessary and to the extent required for the successful provision of the Services, personal data may be transferred to third parties outside of USA. Prynne or its subcontractors shall not transfer personal data outside of USA without adequate safeguards required by applicable data protection law, such as standard contractual clauses. Prynne may also use Privacy Shield-certified subcontractors located in the U.S. For more information about the Privacy Shield framework developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the EU Commission and the related principles concerning processing of personal data, please see here.
Prynne uses third party cookies for various purposes. We may use third party cookies for statistical purposes to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics, such as to estimate number of Users and detect which parts of the Service Users find most useful, and identify features that could be improved. For such purposes, we use third party cookies, such as Google Analytics, to help analyze how our Users use the Service. The technical usage information (including IP address) generated by the cookie about use of the Service is transmitted to such third parties to compile statistical reports.
Prynne may also use third party cookies for marketing purposes to collect information about Users' browsing habits and to remember visits in order to make advertising more relevant to that User and to his or her interests. These cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks and social media providers.
Retention of personal data
If a User thinks there is a problem with the way Prynne is processing personal data, the User has a right to file in a complaint to a data protection authority in the USA